The following will give you an idea of what we look for before we hand an adopter our dogs.
- All of our dogs are spayed/neutered. They are on heart worm and flea preventative. We do not adopt out dogs that are not spayed/neutered!
- We actively do home checks before we transfer our dogs to the adopter. Your property has to be fenced and the fence not have holes. There must be locks (not just latches) on the gate/s.
- We require a vet history of your present and past dogs or any other means that show us that you have had healthy and cared-for animals.
- If you have animals in your household, we want to know about them, so we can test our dogs before handing them over. If you have dogs, we need to do a meet and greet outside your home (walk them on a leash together) to make sure they are tolerant of each other.
- If you do not own your home (we verify online) we need a letter from your rental agency, landlord, etc that you are authorized to add an animal to your household. We check with rental companies/landlords if pets are allowed and if there are any weight, number of pets and breed restrictions. We require proof that pet deposits have been paid before releasing the pet to you.
- If you are looking to adopt a pit bull, and you are not a homeowner, please verify with the leasing management that you are allowed to have a bully breed. Many insurance companies are now denying homeowners’ insurance companies to rent to people with this breed of dog.