The following will give you an idea of what we look for before we hand an adopter our dogs.
- Our adoption fee is $175.00 for dogs over 6 months of age and $150 for dogs younger than 6 months. This fee pays for medical needs, spay/neuter surgery, up-to-date vaccination according to age, and a micro-chip.
- All of our dogs are spayed/neutered. We do not adopt out dogs that are not spayed/neutered!
- We actively do home checks before we transfer our dogs to the adopter. Your property has to be fenced and the fence not have holes.
- We require a vet history of your present and past dogs or any other means that show us that you have had healthy and cared-for animals. A photo album of present and past dogs on your phone may work as a substitute.
- If you have animals in your household, we want to know about them, so we can test our dogs before handing them over. If you have dogs, we need to do a meet and greet outside your home (walk them on a leash together) to make sure they are tolerant of each other.
- If you do not own your home (we verify online) we need a letter from your rental agency, landlord, etc that you are authorized to add an animal to your household
- If you are looking to adopt a pit bull, and you are not a homeowner, please verify with the leasing management that you are allowed to have a bully breed. Many insurance companies are now denying homeowners’ insurance companies to rent to people with this breed of dog.